I’ve felt great everyday since the marathon. I buzzed around NY the day after the marathon like I lived there. I don’t know why I feel so much better this time around than after other marathons. Maybe it’s that thing called “training” I did. I’m still curious though about the cramps in my quads after mile 18.
Could it be?
- Walking too much the day before
- Allergy medicine I took the morning of
- My longest training run only being 20 miles
- Weaving in-and-out of people
- All of these things
- Tell me your secrets! What is the mystery of not cramping?
I’ll take any advice I can get. I’m inspired and I don’t want to lose all this endurance I worked so hard for, so I’m registering for the Austin Marathon this week.
There are many things I need to do to improve my time. The most important change being to focus on my nutrition during training. Eating 200 pieces of Halloween candy the week before a marathon probably isn’t the best race fuel.