I’m not sure if you remember last year’s January-a-thon between Sister Runner Amy and I or not – but it lasted about only 4 minutes. This year we’ve come up with new rules that provide provisions for things like sick kids, snow days, and hangovers – little add-ons to actually make this year’s smack down go down.
- Must record exercise on Google calendar every day
- Minimum 30 minutes of exercise every day
- 7 miles of running or walking every week
- 3 different activities each week – Running, Walking, Cycling, Yoga, Swimming, Lifting Weights, etc.
At the end of the month, hours exercised times miles run = point value
- Tardy workout reporting: 10 points
- Skipping a day: 25 points
- Not getting your miles in: 10 points
- Not getting three different workouts: 10
The sister with the most points at the end of the month wins. The losing sister buys the winning sister a fitness related gift valued at $50.00 at the end of the month.
Now, if we keep up and finish a Year-a-thon, the winning sister can force the loser to sister to enter a race of her choice.