Let’s play catch up

by Runner Susan on November 12, 2010

in Race Reports,Running,Shameful Commerce,Sumy Designs,The Dark Side

I needed a break, so I self-suspended my blog. I know, I know. But now I’m back and I’m going to try and be really good at balancing my life. It’s hard when you have bad gas, but I trust my lovely Internet People will keep me in line.

So, what have I have I been up to besides fighting bad gas and prioritizing my life? Well, let me tell you.

Sumy Designs got a much-needed makeover.  I like to think the entire world is powered by Apples, but sadly it is not, so take a look around and give me some honest-to-goodness feedback on all the pages.

And then, there was the Muddy Buddy. And it was muddy and I had buddies, but most of all I had a really fantastic time. I learned some really important things that day – like I need to be me and I need to make taking care of myself a priority – now is not the time to compromise my health. But most of all, I need to let my hair down a little more often; it’s good for my soul. And my soul is in need of some desperate healing.

In the midst of all the things going on in my life I sometimes forget how far one day of fun can take me. I forgot that I don’t smile very often these days, but with a little help form my friends that changed for a day.

Call me crazy, but when was the last time you danced in the kitchen to the Gap Band while chopping veggies just because it was fun? Or was on a mission – because someone, somewhere out there needed a beer – and who are you to deny anyone a much needed beer? Why not deliver those beers while riding a mountain bike for the first time without pedals  wearing a dress and a tutu?

Internet People, especially those around my neck of the woods with really bad gas, if I can give you one piece of advice it would be to take a break and do something fun or wild or crazy.  Take your friends and give yourself a little mind some piece of mind to let loose and know that the world will be a better place for what we are doing. We have to believe this, it is what keeps us going.

So let’s talk about that crazy. Crazy like I’ve registered for the White Rock Half Mary in December with Sister Runner Amy, and crazy like I’m going to run the Cowtown full marathon with Mr. Thintrade in February and the craziest of all is that I’ve registered the for the Galveston Half-Ironman in April with my Muddy Buddies.

I need to get back on track, my mind and body are aching for normalcy. So, Internet People, I need your help. I need you to keep me on track and spank me when I mess up, love me when I do good and most of all, tell me when I get too gassy.

You can view the rest of the Muddy Buddy Photos here.

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

1 JunieB November 12, 2010 at 12:29 pm

YAY for runner susan! AND HOW AWESOME are your pictures???

u guys better have cold ass weather on the 5th…imma comin’ up there to run some Dallas White Rock half marathon booty!

2 The Devil November 12, 2010 at 12:50 pm

YAY for Runner Susan smiles!! Love the mud pictures!! And just so you know, I try to spread the word so more people will have gas and you don’t have to suffer it alone!

3 lisab November 12, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Love the photos! You look awesome! Can’t wait to do the half in Galveston with you! Love ya, Buddy!

4 Vince A. November 12, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Ditto with JunieB, give us some sunny cold love on the 5th of December, two half’s for me.

5 Mike H. November 13, 2010 at 5:11 am

So, *that’s* what you did for Oktoberfest!! ;)

And, that would be some great pictures for a laundry detergent commercial.

6 Ewe the Dewd November 13, 2010 at 7:10 am

I’m happy to see Runner (Half-Ironman?!) Susan back. Thought you might have packed up and moved to northern California. Great that you’re having fun and doing crazy stuff in spite of your gas problem.

The Sumy make-over looks good. No obvious problems via my non-Apple viewing equipment.
Ewe the Dewd´s last blog post ..A stunning revelation

7 21stCentury Mom November 13, 2010 at 12:17 pm

The Martini Twins are, without question, the 2 cutest muddy buddies of ever! Adorable!

And you are making me want to race again – just when I thought I was going to divorce the race. Thank you Runner Susan! I don’t suppose you signed up for Vineman? No – I don’t suppose you did.

Austin next October? Let’s think about it (Longhorn)

8 Diane November 13, 2010 at 12:34 pm

So glad to see you have taken a much needed, long overdue break from the nightmare of living in the gaspatch! Your words are a reminder that we still need to enjoy all the wonderful things we DO have in our lives…family, friends, and good times. THEY can’t take that away!!!

9 Rinus November 14, 2010 at 12:56 pm

WOW, good race plan and running a marathon is a geed thing to do!.
Nice pics, dirth!.
Rinus.

10 rachel November 14, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I just have to be honest and tell you that the shoes on your masthead (is that what it’s called?) are HIDEOUS!!!! OK, I’m not a shoe maven like you – or even people who half way like shoes, but come on! Those are ugly!
But I still love you. :)

11 Michelle November 14, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Muddy Buddy was the absolute most FUN I have ever had!!! I have never laughed soooo much during a race as we did! Thank You for signing me up<3!! Looking forward to our 2011 race schedule!!

12 Denise "MNFirefly" November 15, 2010 at 11:14 am

Welcome back, Susan. I love the muddy pics!
Denise “MNFirefly”´s last blog post ..On the flip side- Life after Knee Surgery

13 petra November 17, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Can you tell I can’t sleep? Love to hear you’re back in track, trying to balance things out a bit, trying to get some fun in there. Good girl!
petra´s last blog post ..Scratch that