There is just no other way to say it – everyone loved Rowdy. His given name was “Rowdy Little Romeo” and that pretty much sums up our little guy. He was as small dog with a fearless heart and a spectacular will to live and love. I want to say more, but the words just won’t flow right now. Rest in peace, Old Friend.
I can’t believe it’s been nearly a month since I’ve blogged. So much is going on . . . more about the cantaloupes and baseballs next week. In the meantime, with the help of my ever-so-helpful Aussies, I spent the entire morning hosing frack dust off my plants and I am crossing my fingers that I don’t lose any more. I had to replace several today, it made me sad.
[Insert big fat sigh right here]
So, you voted, Internet People and “Running Stuff” won by 3 votes. What is this a Running Blog or something? Seriously, is the RS shoe collection so bad that it loses by THREE whole votes to come in second? Jon, did you not vote? In third place was the “Other” category – and let me enlighten you with the interesting “other” suggestions:
- Wine! (hello, is it noon yet?)
- run, bike, rowdy all the time.
- how about a new ‘under construction’ banner with you just wearing a tool belt? (creative, if anything)
- nude can be done tastefully (and stretch marks cannot)
- Running and biking
- RS doing Cindy sessions (who doesn’t miss the paper plates?)
- All cleavage all the time? (hmmm . . . . No)
- shoes and wine
- The Chef! (how about Chef in the nude?)
- with a little help from her friends (awww, how sweet)
- The pretty pink you had
- Sometimes running, sometimes shoes, sometimes something else. (sometimes I think that’s what I had and maybe a good thing shouldn’t change?)
- RS in the nude x 13 that I kept deleted as fast as he or she was voting
And in fourth was “All Rowdy All the Time”. I’m glad some of you love Master Rowdy, but I’m secretly glad you voted RS shoe collection before him, even if it was second.
So, it’s all good and well that you’ve voted, but guess what? I have the flu. I have a headache. I have a sore throat and I am partially delirious and really bored of doing nothing but staring at the ceiling. With all that in mind I decided it’s “All Unicorns All the Time” as the new masthead. Maybe it’s the fever or perhaps I’m just feverish all the time, but let me enlighten you with my inspiration from The Magical Unicorn Collection:
[miniflickr user=”19202613@N00″ tags=”unicorn”]
If you ever had a reason to question my sanity, now you don’t. Yes, this near 40 year-old-woman sits around in front of her computer and take pictures of her gravity-defying hair in unicorn poses. It’s a gift, I know you wish your hair could defy gravity too.
So the masthead will change with boring “Running Stuff” (maybe) just as soon as I feel well enough to do something more creative than unicorn stuff.
Another question? Do you Internet People like it on the top or the way it was on the side? I’m undecided, so I’m doing both right now. And if you like the unicorns, maybe I’ll keep them. FOREVER!